Make your own bone broth!
November 12, 2023
Here's why you should make your own bone broth.
1. It's easy and inexpensive.
2. It's restorative and contains a load of nutrients.
3. It's good for bone health, gut health, and improved immunity. The amino acid compounds and gelatin content make it soothing and healing for the gut. A healthy gut means strong immunity. Bone broth is rich in glucosamine, chondroitin and other compounds that help lubricate achy joints and support healing.
4. Bone broth contains healthy fats which boost energy and keep you from feeling hungry.
5. Bone broth is high in collagen to keep your hair, skin, and nails healthy as well as providing the amino acids you need to produce your own collagen.
6. Homemade bone broth is the absolute BEST tasting and most nutritious base for any homemade soup, stew, or sauce.
7. You can make a lot in one batch, drink some, and freeze a few jars for later.
8. It's delicious and filling.
9. You can flavor it any way you like and adjust the salt content to your taste.
10. This is just one opportunity to be a "nose to tail" eater. The bones from healthy, happy grass fed beef cattle and pasture raised chicken and hogs still have a lot to give to nourish us and should absolutely not be wasted.
11. Last, but definitely not least - when you make your own broth with bones from Red House Ranch, there's no question about origin or about exposure to "cides". Our perennial pastures remain pristine with no application of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers or fungicides. And, our livestock have no exposure to routine antibiotics, steroids, hormones, or vaccines. This is as good as it gets!
Not sure where to begin? For a good bone broth recipe - click right here.
And, for the "bones" click here to buy stewing hens, beef bones, or pork neck bones.
And for exceptionally rich and gelatinous broth - drop in a pig foot.