2. Add one whole onion, 2 carrots, 2 sticks of celery, bay leaves, and one garlic clove.
3. Drop in a sprig or two of rosemary and thyme.
4. Add 10 whole peppercorns to the pot.
5. Add enough water to cover everything by 2 inches.
6. Cook, covered, in the oven for 24 hours at 190 degrees.
7. Cool and strain, pour into jars or containers and store in freezer.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Lots of latitude here for what you can add and how you can flavor your broth. Depends on what you like and what you ultimately want to do with it.